Thanks. That did get me the settings. I get it now. I'm now going to simply copy/paste the source, specify settings myself and generate a new makefile.

Thanks & regards,
-Asif

On 08/10/2015 07:15 PM, Marc-André Laperle wrote:
Hi,

You will find compiler and linker settings under the project properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > Tool Settings
http://help.eclipse.org/mars/topic/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.user/reference/cdt_u_prop_build_settings_tool.htm?cp=10_4_7_0_3_3_0

However, if you have created a Makefile project, it will not show up as it assumes that you are writing Makefiles yourself or reusing existing one. You can enable "Generate Makefiles" under C/C++ Build if you need them to be generated automatically, then compiler & linker settings will appear again.

Hope this helps
Marc-Andre

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Eclipse.KBase [eclipse.kbase@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, 10 August 2015 9:06 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] C++ Compiler and Linker Options

Hi,

I am new to Eclipse and have just extracted Eclipse CDT Mars to do some
C++ programming. The reason I want to use Eclipse is its integrated
support for task/issue/project/version control/build systems.

However, to my surprise, there are absolutely NO options anywhere to
specify C++ compiler and linker switches/options. I couldn't see any.
Obviously the support to specify C++ compiler and Linker options is
there but it is hidden at some very deep level.

Can any kind sole point me to the right direction? I really want to use
this IDE.

Best regards,
Eclipse Newbie