Re: [cdt-dev] Java 8 for Neon/CDT 9.0?

I think Java 8 is inevitable. There are some discussions about making Java 8 the default for other plug-ins and whilst the slow-draggers may take a while to be convinced, I think if enough of the feature set for Neon runs on Java 8 that will add sufficient momentum to mean that Neon will have a de-facto requirement of Java 8, even if some still base on Java 7.

Bear in mind that Java 7 has already been EOL for months; the Neon release is a year away. Java 7 will be dead and buried by the time Neon comes out.

Alex