[cdt-dev] error parsers and stuff

As I go through the new build system, I’m going to question everything I see. This is especially true when I see things in CDT that are “duplications” of things in the Platform. I understand the history a bit where it was (and to some extent still is) easier to duplicate and extend than contribute to the platform when certain things didn’t meet our needs. But I’d like to revisit some of those decisions and maybe there are better ways.

The one I’m looking at is our error parser framework. Interesting enough, the TextConsole seems to have it’s own framework with pattern matchers and hyperlink insertion. It includes callbacks so we could add marker insertion here too. Has anyone looked at this framework and have any thoughts on how it performs relative to ours.

Thanks,
Doug.

Back to the top