Re: [cdt-dev] standalone debugger wiki

Hi Marc Andre,

I have combined my previous change with an update to now list the three flavours.

Jonah

On 2 July 2015 at 06:39, Marc-André Laperle <marc-andre.laperle@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jonah,

Thanks for updating the page! I'll update the downloads page to link to the wiki page. About the changes you made, I think they are perfect for the new downloadable version of the stand-alone debugger. But the original information about cdtdebug.sh/install.sh scripts is still valid and is used in the Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers so I think this part need to be brought back. It's a bit confusing, but as I see it, there are now three "flavors" of the stand-alone debugger:
1. Scripts (cdtdebug.sh, install.sh) part of the Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers, downloaded from eclipse.org
2. Installed as part of a Linux distro. As I understand it, I think this can be seen as a pre-installed variant of #1, but I haven't tried it myself
3. Stand-alone debugger only in a RCP, downloaded from eclipse.org (new in Mars)

Hope this helps,
Marc-Andre

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Jonah Graham [jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 01 2015 11:14 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] standalone debugger wiki

Hi devs,

I had a go at updating https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/StandaloneDebugger to point to the new download location. I did not update the linux distro packaged version part as I don't have easy access to such a platform. A review of my changes is always welcome.

Can https://eclipse.org/cdt/downloads.php have a link to https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/StandaloneDebugger added to it. I don't have permission to edit that page (AFAIK). At the moment there is a link to the general topic of RCP instead.

Thanks
Jonah