Re: [cdt-dev] Add symbol programmatically

Roberto Oliveria wrote:
> I can add a new macro going to Project Properties > C/C++ General > Paths and Symbols and in Symbols tab, I add the symbol and the value. After adding this macro, I can see it in Preprocessor Includes > Entries tab, under "CDT Managed Build Setting Entries".
>
> Is there a way to programatically add a macro under "CDT Managed Build Setting Entries"  in a plugin that I created?

If you want your macro definition to be passed to the compiler (the equivalent of entering it in "Paths and Symbols"), use an External Settings Provider:
http://help.eclipse.org/luna/topic/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.isv/reference/extension-points/org_eclipse_cdt_core_externalSettingsProvider.html

If you want to make CDT aware of a macro that the compiler already knows about, i.e. make it appear in "Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros etc." (not under "CDT Managed Build Settings Entries" but under your own heading), use a Language Settings Provider: extension point org.eclipse.cdt.core.LanguageSettingsProvider (can't find a documentation link).

 -Christian

Back to the top