[cdt-dev] Shutting down eclipse doesn't kill all running processes

Hi All,

If I tried building a relatively big project, and closed eclipse before build finishes, I can still see some processes running (like make, gcc, …) for some time.

1)      Is there a reason why we don’t treat closing the IDE like pressing cancel in the progress monitor, and send terminate signal to the spawner?

2)      I tried to handle this by calling monitor.setCanceled(true) for active monitors sent to CommandLauncher/RemoteCommandLauncher. waitAndRead() whenever the cdt.core plugin stops. Is there a better way for doing that?

Thanks,

Mohamed Azab

Back to the top