Re: [cdt-dev] Build System redo

Just to a couple more thoughts. I¹m actually pretty happy with the build
model, the proper one, IConfiguration and friends. It¹s really things like
ICConfigurationDescription and friends that I have issues with. It¹s an
additional layer where people have lost their souls trying to figure out
:), and it¹s really that layer that causes most of our problems.

Also, the build model needs to be in the cdt.core so we can generically
get at build information from core features that need it, like the
indexer/parsers. And maybe that¹ll simplify things like the language
settings providers, like scanner discovery actually populating the build
model, and maybe replacing things like IIncludeEntry from the CModel with
include items from the build model.

Doug.

Back to the top