[cdt-dev] Slow disassembly view updates in instruction step mode

I'm looking at getting my plugin to work correctly when debugging in instruction step mode. When I instruction step, the disassembly view opens and displays correctly. The problem is that it takes a couple seconds to update every time I step an instruction.

After I click 'step', the disassembly view is cleared and a title line briefly appears that says 'No debug context'. After a couple seconds, the disassembly view is updated with the new instructions and the 'No debug context' title is gone.

Debugging and instruction stepping the same application without my plugins works fine.

If it makes any difference in how the disassembly view is behaving, my plugin now uses the CDT manual remote launch to run the application. with my back end agent acting as an instance of gdbserver.

I tried looking at this, and found that the 'No debug context' title comes from DisassemblyPart.updateTitle when fDebugSessionId is null. I tries stepping thru DisassemblyPart.updateDebugContext, which I think is the only place fDebugSessionId is updated when the debug session is running. However, every time I stepped thru, fDebugSessionId was not null, so I'm not sure what's going on.

I know I'm missing something in my debugger startup code, but I'm not sure what since otherwise the debugger seems to be working fine. I suspect I'm not doing something to properly set up the debug session.

Any suggestions where I might start looking?

Thanks

Dave

Back to the top