Re: [cdt-dev] Native plug-ins

FYI we're using the Windows Registry code in non-CDT Having it outside CDT would be great.

On 2015-03-16 15:57, Doug Schaefer wrote:
Hey gang,

One of the topics discussed at EclipseCon was the native plug-ins, I.e. the ones that do the Spawner, PTY, Windows Registry, and now Serial Port. There is more interest in using this functionality outside the scope of the CDT. In fact, I’ve received a couple of requests to use it outside of Eclipse, especially the Serial Port.

I’ll be taking a look at this in the upcoming weeks. One part of this, to make them more mobile in case we want to push it down the stack, I’d like to move it into it’s own repo. At the very least we need a separate build since things like org.eclipse.remote will need to depend on it which creates a circular build dependency.

Just looking to see if there are any objections or other use cases people see in having the native plug-ins separate.

Thanks,
Doug.

--
Jesper Eskilson Development Engineer