Re: [cdt-dev] Configuring a Makefile project to use C++11

Hi Andrew,

> The language dialect flag in Tool Settings enables "-std=c++98", "-std=c++0x"
> or "-std=c++1y". That flag gets passed to compiler during managed build and also
> gets passed to GCC Built-in Compiler Settings provider. Built-in Compiler Settings provider runs gcc with
> special options and captures include paths and macro definitions for the given dialect. As far as I know
> these includes and macros define whether this is C++03 or C++11 for indexer.

> In order to provide these settings for makefile project it would be necessary to parse the build output with
> build output parser and then trigger running of
Built-in Compiler Settings provider with appropriate -std=
> option. Since we support different set of includes/macros for different files and the same build could compile
> files with different options it might be necessary to run
Built-in Compiler Settings provider with different
> options for different files
.

I wonder if we could do something simpler, like enabling the Tool Settings UI even for makefile projects, or adding a different piece of UI that allows the user to select the language standard for makefile projects.

Regards,
Nate

Back to the top