Re: [cdt-dev] Best way to hide a tool

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 6:47 PM, Guy Bonneau <guy.bonneau@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I need to add the capability to hide a tool of the toolchain from being displayable in the CDT setting UI. This feature is required because the resource tool of the Visual Studio C++ must be hidden when the manifest file is created/processed internally by the toolchain. Right now the Maestrosoft Visual Studio is using an hack by looking at the name of the tool. If the tool start with __NoDisp__ then the tool is not displayable. However the clean way to do it would be to add an attribute of displayability to the schema of the tool. But I guess this would break the API.

Could you please elaborate on the API breakage you anticipate.

 Is this acceptable or may be there is another option to do it.

What would you suggest me?

Guy

-sergey