[cdt-dev] Best way to hide a tool

I need to add the capability to hide a tool of the toolchain from being displayable in the CDT setting UI. This feature is required because the resource tool of the Visual Studio C++ must be hidden when the manifest file is created/processed internally by the toolchain. Right now the Maestrosoft Visual Studio is using an hack by looking at the name of the tool. If the tool start with __NoDisp__ then the tool is not displayable. However the clean way to do it would be to add an attribute of displayability to the schema of the tool. But I guess this would break the API.  Is this acceptable or may be there is another option to do it.

What would you suggest me?

Guy

Back to the top