Re: [cdt-dev] UI Responsiveness

It’s built into the platform. You can turn it on by going into the General preferences under Tracing. Spits out an error log if the UI thread hangs.

Interesting though that since restarting my Eclipse, it’s not happening, at least not there.

Doug.

From: Nathan Ridge <zeratul976@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 4:43 PM
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] UI Responsiveness

I've also been experiencing occasional UI freezes while editing C++ code, and they've been quite long - up to 10 seconds at times! Unfortunately, they're highly intermittent, and I haven't been able to reproduce them reliably. I did notice that they tend to happen more often shortly after switching to a new editor tab.

What is the UI responsiveness tool? Is it something I can use to get more information if this happens again?

Regards,
Nate