Re: [cdt-dev] gerrit verifier job timing

Its not all always that straight forward. If you change ui plugin you don't need to re-run core plugin, but reversed is not true...
If you change core plugin you need to re-run all plugin tests that use that plugin...

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 3:01 PM, Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've also never heard of a way to do this.
But if this is worth pursuing, maybe we could script our way to a solution?

Say we build with no Junit tests as the first step of the job, then we run a script
that uses git to know which plugins were changed, and then call maven on each
relevant test plugin individually, letting only those JUnit tests run.

I think we would need to predefine a mapping to know which JUnit plugins should
be run based on which plugins were changed, but that should be possible.

If so, the script should be committed to our repo (and not be coded directly in
the Hudson job).

Just thinking out loud...

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Doug Schaefer [dschaefer@xxxxxxx]
Sent: February 19, 2015 2:40 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] gerrit verifier job timing

+1 from me too, but no, there isn’t a way to do that AFAIK.

Doug.

From: Sergey Prigogin <eclipse.sprigogin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 1:25 PM
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

+1. There is also no need to run core tests if only UI plugins were modified.

-sergey

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Nathan Ridge <zeratul976@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is it possible to condition what test suites are run, on what source directories are modified by the patch? Then we could e.g. only run the debug tests for patches that modify the debug folders.

Regards,
Nate