Re: [cdt-dev] Arduino CDT IDE

Ah. Never mind. I need to use a library to connect out the serial port for the Arduino Terminal. I’m using jSSC which is LGPL. There really isn’t an alternative and I’m not sure I want to get into the game of making a new one.

Doug.

From: Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 2:57 PM
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Arduino CDT IDE

That’s essentially what it is no matter where it ends up. I’ve only kept it separate to deal with the GPL licensing on the toolchain. But I think p2 gives us ways to deal with that.

The other benefit is that I hope it opens the door to adding more ports like this, for the Raspberry Pi and Pi 2 for example. If you have an open cross toolchain, it should be easy to add support for it. And the more hobbyists we get in Eclipse and CDT, the better for our community IMHO.

Doug.