Re: [cdt-dev] name resolution and index bindings

I'll look into that.

-sergey

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 11:12 PM, Nathan Ridge <zeratul976@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Sergey,

>>> I have implemented just the first step (having declaredBefore() for an
>>> index binding check if it is declared in an included header), and I'm
>>> finding that it doesn't break any tests (but perhaps there's something
>>> I'm missing and that the tests don't catch).
>>
>> This is great. The promiscuous binding resolution bothered me for a
>> long time. The change probably didn't break tests because I recently
>> changed all index tests to generate proper includes. Glad that it
>> appears to work.
>
> I only ran ParserTestSuite and IndexTests locally. Now that I pushed to
> Gerrit and the full suite of tests has run, I see that a few are failing. I'll
> investigate.

I fixed all the test failures except those in IncludeOrganizerTest.

The problem there is that IncludeOrganizer relies on resolveBinding()
on a name whose declaration has not been included, still returning the
correct binding, so it can figure out what to include.

However, without the promiscuous binding resolution, these
resolveBinding() calls now return ProblemBindings, and no includes for
them are generated.

Do you have any ideas for how to handle this?

Thanks,
Nate