Re: [cdt-dev] Add Expression Groups - Luna

+1 for exposing the existing feature.

Teo

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alena Laskavaia
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2015 18:10
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Add _expression_ Groups - Luna

I found out recently that gdb dsf now support some
powerful _expression_ groups which allow to mitigate absence of "add global" in Variables view.
I also found out that this feature totally not discoverable except if you read docs or "whats new".
So I proposed to add menus to _expression_ view to add locals and registers groups.
Finally I implemented this, but to put this in 8.6 I need committers approval since it is
past UI freeze.
Technically it is not much of UI feature but discovery of feature feature...

https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/39905/

Anyway if somebody opposes say -1...otherwise I assume you abstain.

Also while we at it if you know any other way of how we can explain/guide user to understand this feature we are open to suggestions.

Back to the top