Re: [cdt-dev] Add Expression Groups - Luna

Thanks Alena for doing this.  I think it is the best suggestion we got up to now to make this feature more visible to users.

+1 from me for CDT 8.6

Here is what it looks like (without the blue and red highlight of course).

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Alena Laskavaia [elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: January 23, 2015 11:10 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Add _expression_ Groups - Luna

I found out recently that gdb dsf now support some
powerful _expression_ groups which allow to mitigate absence of "add global" in Variables view.
I also found out that this feature totally not discoverable except if you read docs or "whats new".
So I proposed to add menus to _expression_ view to add locals and registers groups.
Finally I implemented this, but to put this in 8.6 I need committers approval since it is
past UI freeze.
Technically it is not much of UI feature but discovery of feature feature...

https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/39905/

Anyway if somebody opposes say -1...otherwise I assume you abstain.

Also while we at it if you know any other way of how we can explain/guide user to understand this feature we are open to suggestions.

Back to the top