Re: [cdt-dev] Using '*' for java imports

Do you edit default eclipse settings for "Organize Import"?
I do Organize imports too and it collapses them into * if I have more than 99 import, which is default.
So what is our "official" rule for that?

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 10:00 PM, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I always do an Organize Imports when I edit a file. My experience is that gets rid of the '*'s. So if it's a file I'm editing, the *'s won't last long.

Doug.

From: Alena Laskavaia <elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri Jan 16 2015 20:54:49 GMT-0500 (EST)
To: CDT General developers list. <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [cdt-dev] Using '*' for java imports

Marc told me (on review) that we don't using '*' for imports, I checked our code
style and it is not documented anywhere https://wiki.eclips​e.org/CDT/policy#Cod​e_Formatting
It does say though that we use default Eclipse formatting. By default eclipse folds imports into * if you have more then 99 imports (that was the case I had). Unless it is really needed I would not
be a fan of changing eclipse defaults, i.e. we should allow fold imports if more than 99.
Anybody have strong objections to do otherwise?

Back to the top