[cdt-dev] Support for older GDB versions

Hi,

As discussed in the (Multicore) Debug call yesterday and posted to the N&N:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/NewIn86#Support_for_older_GDB_versions

As of CDT 8.6, we will actively support GDB versions 7.1 and higher only.

Older GDB versions are not always working well with newer compilers; it has become difficult and time-consuming to support those versions in newer CDT releases. Version 7.1 already dates back to March, 2010. We will not remove the support for older GDBs from the code, but we will make no effort to test or support these older versions.

Marc

Back to the top