Re: [cdt-dev] createCProject vs createNewStyleCProject

Yes we definitely need public API for creating C/C++ projects. A while ago I was looking to extract easy to use methods from the wizards and it was not easy to do. As I recall there are some specific things that manipulate project/configuration descriptions that wizards do inside. Those things are not quite related to creating a project but done there for performance reason - not to save description twice. And they differ for the wizards. That is as much as I remember from the top of my head.

Andrew

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 10:36 PM, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes. And we really need an official API for programmatically creating projects. I have copies of random code with lots of yellow underlines all over the place to do it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
From: Sergey Prigogin
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:42 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Reply To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] createCProject vs createNewStyleCProject

I've just noticed that most tests use CProjectHelper.createCProject as opposed to CProjectHelper.createNewStyleCProject. In fact createNewStyleCProject methods don't even seem to support creation of C++ projects. This situation looks dangerous since the tests may not catch failures that happen only with the new style projects. Should we convert all tests to run on the new-style projects?

-sergey