Re: [cdt-dev] Upcoming release dates (was CDT8.4 + 8.5 - all debug buttons become disabled)

On 03 Dec 2014, at 23:10, Liviu Ionescu <ilg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have only one additional button, a Reset button, used to reset the debugged target:
>
>  <extension
>        point="org.eclipse.ui.menus">
>     <menuContribution
>           locationURI="toolbar:org.eclipse.debug.ui.main.toolbar?after=additions">
>        <command
>           commandId="org.eclipse.debug.ui.commands.Restart"
>           icon="icons/elcl16/restart_co.gif"
>           disabledIcon="icons/dlcl16/restart_co.gif"
>           label="%restartButton.label"
>           style="push"
>           tooltip="%restartButton.tooltip">
>        </command>
>     </menuContribution>
>  </extension>
>
> I doubt this is the problem.

believe it or not, the above button referring an Eclipse command is enough to trigger the StackOverflow from deep inside Eclipse (Mark can confirm this happens even without CDT).

the StackOverflow probably impacted the enablement for the Debug buttons, and so the story goes.

by removing this extra Restart button, the other Debug buttons behave as expected.

---

I have no explanation why after an Eclipse restart, the Debug buttons were enabled, since the exception happened every time.

I also have no explanation what caused the bug reported by Derek.

regards,

Liviu

Back to the top