Re: [cdt-dev] Upcoming release dates (was CDT8.4 + 8.5 - all debug buttons become disabled)

Maybe it is not your plugins at all.  It could be CDT plugins but that
the exception is triggered in your environment.

> because Derek clearly reported them. one of his other plug-ins having the same
> StackOverflow problem?

Maybe the stack overflow happens because there are too many buttons or something?
My guess is that most committers have pretty basic setups.
If you want to describe your setup, we could try to run the same thing and
reproduce the StackOverflow problem.

I forgot if we have a bug opened for this?  If not, I suggest you create one
and poste info about your setup.

> and how do you explain that 'exactly' my same plug-ins, installed on Kepler, do
> not experience any problems?

Platform change?

> or how do you explain that only the first run has problems, and after a reset,
> although the exceptions are still there, the buttons are now present?

I can't at this time with the info we have now.

> I'm afraid your explanation doesn't answer these additional questions...

Agreed, but the explanation is not refuted either, and since we have no better
leads, I think it is worth pursuing.

It is still possible the problem is in CDT itself, but I don't know where to look
for it.  I'll do a git diff between Kepler and Luna like you suggest just in case.
Can you confirm which version of CDT you are using in each case?

Thanks

Marc

Back to the top