[cdt-dev] CDT 9.0?

Hey gang,

We had a quick discussion on doing an API breaking release for Mars (June 2015). As a first step, we’ll open the door to the possibility of it. Contributors need to propose API changes to the list and in a bug so the community can do an evaluation on it. If there are no objections to the proposal, we can change the major version number on the plug-ins affected and change the CDT release to 9.0. If nothing gets approved we release 8.7 as originally planned.

I think it’s a great opportunity to finally change some of the APIs we have, especially those that weren’t actually meant to be API. A few things that we’ve thought of over the years:
  • Finally removing CDI
  • Swapping the template system to something simpler and easier to implement and based on freemarker (or better if there is one).
  • Cleaning up the build system (though that may take more time than we have in Mars).
But we’ll wait to see proposals.

Thanks,
Doug.

Back to the top