[cdt-dev] Exporting a feature with 2 segments for x86 and x86_64 fail

The question is not specific to CDT. But since I am member of the CDT developer list and CDT needs to export fragments with 2 different architecture (x86 and x86_64) I thought I would ask this list first.

I have a feature project (using CDT) that extends CDT. It uses 1 plugin and 2 fragments. Each fragment include a shared library (dll) specific to its architecture: x86 and x86_64. I am using Eclipse IDE Luna SR1 and when I try to export/build the feature project that includes the plugin and both fragments the Feature Export Wizard fails with a message:

Processing inclusion from feature TestFeature: Bundle Fragment1_1.0.0.qualifier failed to resolve.:

I am using Eclipse 64 bits (x86_64) under Windows 7 (64 bits). If a try to export the feature with the fragment specific to x86_64 it doesn't fail and I have success. If a try to export the feature with the fragment specific to x86 it fails. Exporting with both fragment fails.

Reproducing the fail is easy. It take 5 minutes.

1- Use Eclipse Luna SR1 64 bits.
2- Open a new workspace under Windows OS 64 bits.
3- Add a dumb plugin project (any) using the plugin wizard
4- Select the dumb plugin Operating System: Win32
5- Select the dumb plugin Windows System: Win32
6- Add a first fragment project with the plugin fragment wizard. Leave it empty no need to stuff. 7- Use the platform filter : (&(osgi.os=win32)(osgi.arch=x86)) with the first fragment
8- Make the host of the fragment being the dumb plugin project
9- Add a second fragment project with the plugin fragment wizard. Leave it empty no need to stuff. 10- Use the platform filter : (&(osgi.os=win32)(osgi.arch=x86_64)) with the second fragment
11- Make the host of the fragment being the dumb plugin project
12- Add a feature  project using the plugin wizard
13- Add the dumb plugin, and both fragment as plugins that must be added to the feature project
14- Try to export the feature project to a p2 repository.
15- Fail with message: Processing inclusion from feature TestFeature: Bundle Fragment1_1.0.0.qualifier failed to resolve

Before opening a bug I need to understand if this should work with the Feature wizard export. Also I need to understand how you guys do it with fragments pertaining to both architecture x86 and x86_64 without failing.

Thanks
Guy

Back to the top