Re: [cdt-dev] Native dependencies in CDT ecosystem

At this point Ubuntu is the targeted distro.

On 11/15/2014 01:30 PM, Oberhuber, Martin wrote:
Very cool !

When you say "only debian is supported", would that include Ubuntu too (which is debian based, and also uses the "apt-get" syntax as per your screenshot) ?

Thanks,
Martin
--
Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Owner – Development Tools, Wind River
direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6

-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pascal Rapicault
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2014 1:40 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Native dependencies in CDT ecosystem

Hi,

I just added to p2 a mechanism that allows IUs to express dependencies on native packages. This information is used during the installation to present the user with a dialog indicating which native packages are required (see attached screenshot) -- p2 does not trigger the installation automatically.

Given that this work has been done mostly for the C/C++ ecosystem, I would like to know on a per plug-in basis all the native dependencies in use in the CDT ecosystem so I can prepare a patch leveraging this new feature.

Two questions you may have:
- Why is this new support not documented widely? Because it is recent (this week I build) but also because even though the p2 side is complete, tycho still needs to consume a new version of p2 for builds to not fail during product installation
- Which distros are supported? At this point only debian is supported.
Adding support for other distros should be as easy as creating a couple shell scripts, patches welcome.

This work has been sponsored by Ericsson.

Pascal