Re: [cdt-dev] Codan: Index Updates for Referenced Projects

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM, Corbat Thomas <tcorbat@xxxxxx> wrote:

Sure. In Short File A is a source file and B is a header file.

Project A contains file A.cpp:

//A.cpp

#include "B.h"

B b{}; //Here I have a ProblemBinding on B.

Project B contains file B.h:

//B.h

//struct B{}; //This Definition is added.

There is a dependency from project A to project B.

Above we have the initial situation. The index is (re)built. Everything is as expected. Then I perform the following steps:

- Uncomment/Add the Definition of struct B in B.h.

-> Reconciler runs

- Open file A.cpp in Editor

-> This invokes Codan and my checker (through AbstractASTIndexChecker.processModel - with index over project A). My checker still sees a ProblemBinding for B.

Something is wrong here. Since B.h is included in A.cpp, it should be a part of A's index unless indexer itself uses compound index. The indexer doesn't seem to be using a compound index since PDOMUpdateTask.createDelegate(ICProject, IProgressMonitor) calls PDOMManager.getIndex(ICProject), which creates an index for a single project.

Is #include "B.h" successfully resolved in the context of project A?

The behavior you observed could be triggered if the index of A is not updated properly when B.h is saved.

- Execute "Run C/C++ Code Analysis"

-> This invokes Codan and my checker (through AbstractASTIndexChecker.processResource - with index over all projects). My checker now sees the ICPPClassType of B.

- When start typing in the file A.cpp Codan runs again (with processModel).

-  My checker again sees a ProblemBinding for B.

First, I'm not sure whether it makes sense to run the Codan checkers with different configurations. Second, what I actually would like to have an improvement for, is the ProblemBinding after adding the required type.

Regards

Thomas

-sergey