[cdt-dev] Binaries node in the Project Explorer does not appear occasionally

Occasionally the Binaries node of the Project Explorer does not appear after a successful build. This stops my generated launch configuration from starting with the message "Launch failed. Binaries not found", even though the binary really does exist in the file system.

I've been debugging the problem and during a build, the 2nd time the IResourceChangeEvent.POST_CHANGE case of CModelManager.resourceChanged() is hit the delta does not contain my binary file (.elf). Can anyone suggest a reason for this or how to investigate further please?

Setup:
  Windows host
  Kepler (4.3.2)/CDT SR2 (8.3.0) 32bit
  JRE 1.7.0.60