Re: [cdt-dev] [dsf-gdb] ExprMetaGetVarInfo

On 10/31/2014 05:01 PM, Marc Khouzam wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Vladimir Prus
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2014 3:10 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] [dsf-gdb] ExprMetaGetVarInfo

Hi,

I am looking at ExprMetaGetVarInfo and wondering whether this class is
useful.

Let's look at getGDBType method. The value it returns is specified when
ExprMetaGetVarInfo is constructed in MIVariableManager.queueCommand.
Then it's used in a single place, MIExpressions.getExpressionData and
discarded.

So this design:
- introduces a new bag-of-data class, adding complexity
- prevents one MI component, MIExpressions, from accessing additional data
from MIVariableObject,
    also MI component

Would it be sensible to eventually eliminate ExprMetaGetVarInfo (and
possibly related classes)?

If they can be replaced by something better.  I'm not clear what you suggest
doing to replace them.

I suggest to use MIVariableObject directly, or make ExprMetaGetVarInfo have no
fields other than instance of MIVariableObject.

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics

Back to the top