Re: [cdt-dev] CMainTab ui

+1
If someone is against it, please let us know.

> Me changing this in abstract main class will affect all product using it. And it
> hard to do a good job there because all internal details of this page is API.
> There are few options
> - I don't do anything in CDT and just change our product

If we feel it is a good improvement, it would be good to have it in CDT

> - I change current AbstarctMain tab with some ugly hacks to not break API

It is hard to vote for this when using the words "ugly hacks" :)

> - I create another AbstractMain2 and deprecated existing one but leave old
> one as is

The ordering of fields is in CMainTab I believe.  Can't the change be done there
without changing the API?  Or are the API changes needed for the below suggestion?

> Regarding projectless, ignore my statement that it does not work in cdt, I just
> testing something something else. Default launch config allows it, but it also
> disables ALL validation
> of project and path which I think is really not good. Because if there is
> mistake there you will get an ugly error in "final launch sequence", If you do a
> new tab, I can add
> more granular validation rules, i.e.
> - check that project is empty OR exists and open
> - check that binary exists (in workspace or outside)

+1
That would be nice improvement.  Thanks!

> In general I think we need more due diligence when committees changing
> UI, It is hard to understand what ui looks like by doing reviews. If somebody
> would change common UI
> I would suggest to post mockups/screenshots on this list so people can
> reviews prior to getting into stage where is too late to change (like right now)

+1.  I think committers should do their best to point out UI changes to the list.
Shall we try to make this part of our 'process'?