From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alvaro Sanchez
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014 1:09 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] P2 Update site and CDT versionning

Hi  Guy,

The latest master branch should still be able to compile with Juno,

you can test this by setting your target definitions to e.g. /org.eclipse.cdt.target/cdt-e4.2.target

if your specific feature is not able to resolve dependencies you may need to create a modified version of the target definition above pointing to them.

  The successful compilation will now depend of the dependencies being able to still compile with Juno.

So the backwards compatibility depends on the actual features/plug-ins.

I hope this helps

/Alvaro