Re: [cdt-dev] The indexer left me speechless

Thanks Guy! You’re comment is much appreciated. The contributors have put a lot of work into making the indexer better over the years. It’s great to see the improvements they’ve made.

And I will echo the sentiment. I’ve been using the CDT on a new product at work and having content assist and source navigation work so well makes life so much easier, especially when dealing with API’s I’ve never seen before. Thanks from me as well!

Doug.

From: Guy Bonneau <guy.bonneau@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, September 21, 2014 at 9:15 PM
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [cdt-dev] The indexer left me speechless

There is time when you know that you need to give credit to people who make the CDT such a great feature for us C/C++ developers. For many years I worked with C/C++ projects that had complex templates that left the indexer baffled with ton of syntax issues. However hard I tried to setup and resolve the include files I was never able to get rid of them. Now I had to skip the Kepler release and went straight from Juno to Luna last week. And lo and behold all the syntax issues were gone. I never have had such a pleasant experience using the indexer feature to move between code and definition. I was left speechless as I opened files after files trying to have the indexer fail without success which was really easy previously with complex template.

The guys who made this happen should receive a big hug. Really…

Thanks guys for the great indexer experience.

Guy

Back to the top