Re: [cdt-dev] Question on converting a debugger from CDI to DSF

Hi,

we don’t use IDebugTarget with DSF, but you can still completely choose what is displayed in the Debug view.

I suggest you look at how DSF-GDB defines the content of the Debug view, which is done in

o.e.cdt.dsf.gdb.internal.ui.viewmodel.launch/LaunchVMProvider

In its constructor, you can see that it defines a hierarchy of nodes which says that there is

-          a root node first

-          that the root node has two types of children: container (process) and GDBStandardProcess (entry for GDB)

-          that containers (processes) can have children that are Threads

-          that threads can have children that are stack frames

You can then follow the code to learn how to deal with updates of those nodes, etc.

I can’t decisively compare the complexity with IDebugTarget as I have never used IDebugTarget, but

I believe the new way, although probably more complex, provides much more flexibility.

Feel free to ask questions as you progress through the code.  More than one person on this list

has integrated their debugger with DSF and could be of assistance.

Good luck

Marc