[cdt-dev] CDT Call Minutes: CDT EclipseCon and upcoming releases

Hey gang,

We had a good call today. A couple of things to highlight.

First, we will be meeting again at EclipseCon in March. This time, though, the plan is to have a more open program that will make it more official, kind of like a CDT Day which will have scheduled talks and be part of the marketing material for the conference. As well, we will have a CDT project meeting, likely in one of the evenings during the BOF time, so we can talk about project issues. Hope to see you all there so think about the kinds of things you’d like to talk about.

Second, we discussed the release schedule. Since we’re doing the release now for 8.5, I’ll withdraw my request for a December release. It’ll just be too much. Instead, though, I’d like to propose that we release CDT 8.6 Milestone 1 in early December. I will have the LaunchBar feature done and API frozen by then. I can then use that milestone release as the foundation for the Wascana for Arduino IDE (I’ll do a separate note on that). I’ll also see if I can do an C/C++ IDE EPP build at that time so we can hand it out as well. Please let me know how you feel about this plan so we can close on it.

We had a good discussion about our overall release strategy. I’m not sure we reached any conclusions. It’s complicated. I personally love the idea of getting the entire release train to ship in June and December, but that’s going to take a lot of time and legwork to get agreement on if we can at all. For CDT, we’ll discuss again in March and close on the plan for next year both at the project meeting at EclipseCon and on the mailing list for those who can’t be there.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Doug.

Back to the top