[cdt-dev] Refreshing target definitions

For those using CDT's target definitions, you may be seeing compilation issues if you import all of CDT.
The target definitions were changed recently but there is a bug that makes your workspace not refresh
them properly.  The workaround is:

1- open org.eclipse.cdt.target/cdt-e4.4.target using a text editor
2- change the version 16 at the top to version 17 and save => this will force a refresh
3- change back to version 16 and save
4- restart eclipse.

Thanks to Alvaro and Marc-Andre for helping me with this.

About target definitions:

The nice thing for me about using target definitions is that I don't  have to install the plugins CDT depends
on anymore, they are automatically made available for compilation.  So I can now import _all_ CDT plugins
and everything always compiles.

To use them, simply do:
1- import into your workspace from CDT's git repo org.eclipse.cdt.target
2- Preferences->Plug-in Development->Target Platform
3- Select cdt_e4.4 and press Apply.

I believe that is all.  Then you can import CDT plugins to your heart's content.

Again, thanks to Alvaro for getting CDT on target definitions in the first place.

Marc

Back to the top