Re: [cdt-dev] Fixed: Browsing CDT Tags really slow on Linux

Just be careful with the tags pruning command mentioned below, as it may delete local tags that you didn't push to the golden repo, if you have any.  This is not the case when pruning branches, but I'm not sure for tags.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Marc Khouzam [marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: August 1, 2014 7:27 AM
To: CDT DEV (cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: [cdt-dev] Fixed: Browsing CDT Tags really slow on Linux

Hi,

Some of you may have noticed (for quite a long time now) that browsing the CDT tag list using EGit was
very slow on Linux, to the point that I would never expand the tag list.

It turns out that one of the tags was pointing to a commit containing a special character which GTK does not
handle very well, thus causing the slowdown.  See http://eclip.se/440586 for details.

I have removed the tag and the problem is gone.  However, if you want that fix on your local repo,
you have to use a special command from the git command-line to sync the deleted tag.

  git fetch --prune --tags origin

Happy tag browsing :)

Marc