Re: [cdt-dev] Delay project parsing until first build

I'm not sure off the top of my head but this is an issue for all CDT projects. One thing we've done with our templates to help mitigate it us to kick off a build right after the project is created. I was going to look at whether that made sense to do for everyone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
  Original Message
From: Vladimir Prus
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2014 1:49 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Reply To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Delay project parsing until first build

Hi,

in our current project, we're finding that CDT tries to parse the created projects too early.
Specifically, for us:

- new projects use non-trivial templates
- this is a custom compiler and makefile-based build system, so most headers used by the
   templates are not found until the first build (when the command-line scanner finds the
   include paths)

As the result, as soon as new project is created, a lot of identifiers are highlighted in
red as not found.

Is there a way to instruct CDT to delay parsing until first build?

Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics
http://www.mentor.com/embedded-software/