[cdt-dev] LaunchBar changes in

Hey gang,

I made some pretty huge changes to the LaunchBar as promised that are now checked in. I'll write up the (hopefully) final APIs on the wiki over the next day or two and make sure everything API has javadoc.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, fire away. If you're looking where to start, the launchBarContributions extension point and the LaunchBarManager are the places to start. There are also UI counterparts to these in the UI plug-in.

I'll also spend time over the next few days implementing a descriptor type for CDT projects. One of the things I wanted to accomplish with the final architecture is to have CDT projects show up in the center selector and than allow for different target types to support projects with multiple toolchains, like local machine, QNX, remote Linux, etc. All you have to do is pick your target and we build the right thing and know how to launch it there. That's the ultimate UX for launching I can image (and it shouldn't be so hard but it is).

Cheers,
Doug.

Back to the top