[cdt-dev] LaunchBar APIs changing

Hey gang,

If you're looking at the LaunchBar, please note that I'm about to make a pretty big set of API changes. Mainly it's around adding the target support I mentioned earlier.

It basically involves changing the middle selector from launch configurations, to launch descriptors (not launch configuration descriptors). They map to a think you launch. By default it's a launch configuration, but for CDT, it'll map to projects (or maybe binaries, TBD).

To support multiple target types per descriptor, I'm adding a new provider that will create a launch configuration for a combination of launch descriptor and launch target type. This will allow us to use existing launch configuration types to manage these launches.

This should give us maximum flexibility while minimizing the amount of work needed to adopt the launchbar.

More when I get this done. I'll finish up the wiki page and we can have a review. In the meantime, please feel free to fire questions and feedback, especially to handle cases I haven't thought of.

Doug.

Back to the top