Re: [cdt-dev] C Preprocessor optimalization

Wow, that's a really hard question to answer. You really have to have a design in mind before you can estimate how much work it's going to be.

Doug.
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of guta@xxxxxxxxxx [guta@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 2:35 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] C Preprocessor optimalization

Hi,

    We are interested in contributing to CDT as we are facing a
performance problem, which seems to be a serious issue for our
project. We are using CDT to work with a code which includes extremely
large header files and they causing problem. Can you provide us some
hint on how much effort would be to make the preprocessor part more
memory efficient? How complicated to make capable the function getAST
to work on code fragments and not only on complete translational units?

Thank you for your answer in advance!

KR, Gabor