From: eclipse.org-committers-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse.org-committers-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Milinkovich
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 3:48 PM
To: eclipse.org-committers@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: IP Advisory Committee; emo-ip-team@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [eclipse.org-committers] Raising the contribution limit

All,

I am sure that you are aware that the Eclipse Foundation has long had a policy that required that contributions greater than 250 lines of code required the creation of a Contribution Questionnaire, and a review and approval by the IP team.

I am happy to announce that effective immediately, the requirement for filing a CQ has been raised to 1,000 lines of code added. To verify whether a contribution requires a CQ, use one of the following git commands to check:

     If it's committed:  git log --shortstat
     If not committed: git diff --stat

These commands tell you the number of insertions(+), and deletions(-).
If the total number of lines inserted (e.g. added) in a contribution is greater than 1000 (yes, this includes comments) then a CQ is required.

I hope that this both simplifies and clarifies the expectations around accepting contributions. The other in-bound contribution requirements such as CLAs and signed-by remain in place unchanged.

Thanks!

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx