[cdt-dev] Scanner discovery fails to see my environment changes

I ship an Eclipse product, with my own toolchain and a third party toolchain plugin. Every time Eclipse starts I add my toolchain's location to the PATH environment variable using org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.envvar.UserDefinedEnvironmentSupplier.createOverrideVariable(), run from a class started early with <extension point="org.eclipse.ui.startup">.

But org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.language.settings.providers.AbstractBuiltinSpecsDetector.execute() runs before my toolchain's path has been added to the environment so I always get "Program "arm-none-eabi-gcc" not found in PATH ... Scanner Discovery Problem" warnings in the Problems view whenever eclipse starts with a workspace containing C projects.

I've tried mucking with start levels but its didn't really work and it doesn't feel right. Any ideas how I might workaround this please?

cheers john

Back to the top