Re: [cdt-dev] Answering a poor post

If you have to explain to him how to set it up, he's right, it doesn't work. As long as CDT is prevented from redistributing the toolchain and setting things up automatically, these poor users suffer.

I'd love to get Wascana going again, but I have too many things I want to do that are higher priority. And since I wasn't allowed to call it the Eclipse C/C++ IDE for Windows, it was too hard to find anyway. But it's what these poor people really need.

Doug.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Marc Khouzam [marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:30 AM
To: 'CDT DEV (cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx)'
Subject: [cdt-dev] Answering a poor post

I saw this a little while ago.  It sounds un-justified to me but since I don’t use Windows I can’t really answer.

I know many of you are using Cygwin or MinGW with CDT.

My guess is that this user didn’t configure things right.

Can someone who uses CDT on Windows confirm (nicely J) to him/her (and everyone else that might fall on this post)

that things do work and that the user probably is facing poor configuration of his toolchain?

We’re going to get some frustrated users even if it is not justified, but I don’t like to see these posts

go un-answered as if they were correct.

Thanks

Marc