From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 5:35 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Multicore Visualizer in EPP

I'm not sure I agree. As I've learned from the downloads analysis, putting something in the EPP doesn't guarantee visibility. Of the 150,000 real downloads of the CPP package in Kepler SR2, I imagine almost all of them were desktop devs who wouldn't really benefit fro the visualizer. It's a pretty specialized tool. I was even thinking of removing the Cross GCC support since it just gets in the way.

I think the CPP package serves best as an entry point into C++ tools for Eclipse. Most people new to that world are just trying it out on the desktop. From there they can add features they find useful and support for embedded development.

At any rate, we certainly shouldn't be doing this for Luna since we just passed RC3.

IMHO, if you want the visualizer to get more visibility, write about it and get your blog rebroadcast on Planet Eclipse. Make the CDT website a place where people can get all that information, etc. Just putting it into a build isn't getting the results you want.

Doug.