Re: [cdt-dev] Local Terminal on Win64 (was: CDT 8.4 RC3 posted)

So we were wondering about that on the CDT call. What is the relationship between the TCF terminal and the one in TM?

Thanks,
Doug.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Oberhuber, Martin [Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 12:33 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Local Terminal on Win64 (was: CDT 8.4 RC3 posted)

Hi all,

Local Terminal works perfectly fine for me on Win7-64 with a 64-bit JVM ;

Looks like somehow you launched the old (legacy, incubation) local terminal from TM/RSE but I’m not sure how you got that installed ?

The correct terminal is available much easier, via Ctrl+Alt+T or by clicking the Terminal Toolbar button.

It’s also Window > Show View > Terminals (mind the trailing s!) or in the “Target Explorer Views” category.

See also attached screenshot, and the “mini documentation” on the Eclipse Marketplace:

http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/tcf-terminals

I think that for the Mars release next year, we’ll want to deprecate / remove the older terminal view since the new TCF one has now full feature parity  plus many improvements (such as auto-reconnect on quit and restart, or a history of previously open connections if you use SSH).

Please give us a “Star” on the Marketplace (and on the StackOverflow posting linked from the 1st comment) if you like it !

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Owner – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6