Re: [cdt-dev] Coordinated testing (max 2 hours)

Some questions regarding Codan:

a) Assignment to itself:

#define UNUSED(x) x = x
void foo(int x, int y)
{
    y = y; // y not used in function
    if ((x = getchar()) != x)
    {
       // Never executed
    }

}

This will trigger the Codan Warning, but:

#define UNUSED(x) x = x
void foo(int x, int y)
{
    UNUSED(y); // Codan does not trigger a warning here
}

This will not trigger the Codan Warning. Is that behaviour wanted?
I know from our MISRAC checks, that we use the first one to calm down compiler warnings, but then have to comment x = x; usually for some tools like pclint or QAC. Since comments are not usually added by the preprocessor, commenting a UNUSED(x) (defined in a header) does not work in QAC and pclint.

b) First example above again.
I guess the if-condition here is not handled by the "Statement has no effect" Analysis? I have not found a "Condition is always true", some compiler output on these kind.

c) What are actually all the Codan tests checking? Several of the Checks share the same tooltip text
---
Name resolution problem found by the indexer.

Sample Message:
Invalid argument 'X'
---

d) The Qt Syntax problem does not seem to search for anything. Or is this only filled with meaningful comments, if I create a Qt Project?

e) I guess, the documentation should be updated, e.g. I can not find any information about Codan in the Help.