Re: [cdt-dev] code assist and overloaded operator methods

On Thursday 29 May 2014 17:16:37 Nathan Ridge wrote:
> > Another check that I would find reasonable is for the prefix op.
>
> One property of code assist is that as the length of the prefix
> increases, the number of results decreases.
well, if you don't count macro handling ;-)

> I think users would find it counterintuitive to break this property.
> For example, I think it would be unexpected if a list of completions
> for the prefix 'o' did not include operators, but for 'op' it did.
And my reasoning would be if I look for overloaded operators that I would
certainly start with a prefix (whether it be o or op is debatable)
On the other hand starting with an empty prefix, I would assume you're
somewhere in the woods and need some serious help. More is not always better
.... from my experience.

> Would it address your concern to change the position of operator
> items in the code assist results to be below regular methods?
that's also an option

But are we on the same page if I say this applies to objects only and dealing
with CPPASTQualifiedName is a different story?

bye Michi