Re: [cdt-dev] CDT-8.4 requires Eclipse 4.x ... CDT-8.3.x maintenance ?

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 8:32 AM, Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> discontinuing support for 3.8 in an SR (which perceptibly where we plug 8.5 in)

I hadn't picked up on that :(  Yeah, I don't think we should break compatibility in a build that some users install as an SR.  So that idea's out.  That would push us all the way to the Mars release next year, which I agree is much too long.

I don't think this consideration applies here since there will be no more service releases of 3.8. The fact that CDT 8.5 is part of Luna SR1 is irrelevant to users of Eclipse 3.8.

Ok, so although the timing of this change is later than we would normally choose, I can see the value of it.

Thanks for your explanation.

Marc

-sergey