From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marc Khouzam
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:10 AM
To: 'CDT General developers list.'
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Interesting GDB Problem.

That sounds tricky.

I assume the \n you mention is the one added at the end of MICommand#constructCommand()?

You can override that method, but I don’t see how you would hook all MI commands to use your new class, so that doesn’t sound possible.

MICommand#constructCommand() is used by AbstractMIControl.TxThread#run().  Overriding services is usually how you can get things done with DSF, so you can try to go that route, but it looks like you’ll pretty much have to copy most if not all of AbstractMIControl.

No other options jumps out at me at first glance.

We are of course open to updating the API to make classes more easily overridable, so if you find a simple solution that needs some changes in CDT, just post them and we’ll include them.

BR,

Marc