Re: [cdt-dev] Increasing PDOMCPPParameter.RECORD_SIZE to 23

Since there would be no INDIRECT_TYPE byte, the value cannot be stored inline even if it fits in 4 bytes. You can extract a method from lines 456-483 of PDOMLinkage.java. You will also need a method for deletion that can be extracted from lines 522-542.

A simpler solution though is to change Database.VALUE_SIZE to 5 bytes while keeping TYPE_SIZE at 6. I've tested that it doesn't result in a noticeable pdom size increase.

-sergey

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Nathan Ridge <zeratul976@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If the value is stored offline, with a
> pointer in PDOMCPPParameter, the record size will grow only to 21.

How do I store a value out of line? Do I replicate the code in
PDOMLinkage.storeBuffer() (but treating maxInlineSize as
Database.PTR_SIZE and not writing the INDIRECT_TYPE byte), or
is there a better way?

Thanks,
Nate